About - Right On Course
The manager would then be required to transfer data from each wearable device to his desktop via cable. In order to source a better solution, the client contacted us and explained that he is using a 3rd party platform called media track which was developed, marketed and maintained by Steven Davey from Pagination. We, from IPS, and the Client and Steven Davey met at his office in Geelong (VIC, Australia), and we were quick to establish a working process between the companies and the client.
How It Works
The Right On Course apps was developed using the native framework to code the both iPhone and Android to achieve client’s requirements:
How can Right On Course help you?
Letter Box Distribution
- The following steps are carried out on the desktop at Mediatrack.com.au by Hi-Fliers administrators.
- Hi-Fliers administrators create maps of various distribution areas and draw boundaries and notes.
- The maps are created on .ASP [classic] pages using Google Map Drawing API’s.
- The maps references, zoom factor, drawn objects, markers, etc. are stored in an Access database on the MediaTrack server.
- Hi-Fliers administrators create distribution jobs for various clients. The jobs are stored in an Access database on the MediaTrack server.
- When/as required, Hi-Fliers administrators use the Job Planner web application to allocate specific maps to a job and then also allocate specific Walkers to those areas.
- The Planner job system automatically sends out a notification email to the required Walker(s) informing them of the job and the required area(s). The email may contain several map areas, and for each zone, the email has two links. The first link takes the Walker to a web page showing the area and the boundaries and notes so they can see just where they are required to walk and deliver the items. The links have embedded detail as to the job number and Walker number etc. for verification purposes.
- Start/Load the iPhone or Android Mobile App, which would load the area map and boundaries from the Mediatrack site.
- Allow the Walker to “START” walking to start tracing/mapping their movements.
- Allow the Walker to “STOP/PAUSE” the tracing so that they can do one part of the map one day and then complete the walk at another time.
- Allow the Walker to “Continue” or “Finalise” the walk.
- If the Walker “Finalises” the walk, they would be taken to a screen that would allow them to fill in the quantity of items over or under and then submit the completed job.
- The app would then store the GPS data points together with additional information into the system DataBase.
- The system Uploads/communicates the job number, Walker ID, Quantity Over/Under, Area GPS Points, Walkers Boundaries Geo Area to the MediaTrack/Hi-Fliers system, and then sends an email to the Hi-Fliers administrator alerting that the area has been completed.